The Great Businessman, Steve Jobs, Apple | Words Are God
1. Management is about persuading people to do things they do not want to do, while leadership is about inspiring people to do things they never thought they could.
2. It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.
3. Great things in business are never done by one person, they're done by a team of people
4. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.
5. The most important decisions you make are not the things you do, but the things you decide not to do.
6. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life... so love what you do. Your time is limited. Don't waste it.
7. The important point is to not just follow your passion but something larger than yourself.
8. Shake off this erroneous notion that life is there and you're just gonna live in it, versus embrace it, change it, improve it, make your mark upon it.
9. You are all over the map, figure out the top 5 things you want to focus on and get rid of the rest.
10. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me ... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me.
11. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
12. Much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosity and intuition turned out to be priceless later on.
13. You can't look at the competition and say you're going to do it better. You have to look at the competition and say you're going to do it differently.
14. If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don't have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.
15. Whatever you do, you must never let the voice in your head control the brain in your heart.
16. Do you create anything, or just criticize others work and belittle their motivations? 17. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.
- By Steve Jobs